PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
These terms tell you the rules for using our website www.training-progress.com (our site).
Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area:
- Who we are and how to contact us.
- By using our site you accept these terms.
- There are other terms that may apply to you.
- We may make changes to these terms.
- We may make changes to our site.
- We may suspend or withdraw our site.
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else.
- Our site is only for users in England.
- You must keep your account details safe.
- How you may use material on our site.
- Do not rely on information on our site.
- We are not responsible for websites we link to.
- User-generated content is not approved by us.
- How to complain about content uploaded by other users.
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you.
- Exclusion of liability for digital content.
- How we may use your personal information.
- Uploading content to our site.
- Rights you are giving us to use material you upload.
- We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them.
- Rules about linking to our site.
- Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?.
- Our trade marks are registered.
Who we are and how to contact us
www.training-progress.com is a site operated by Training-Progress Ltd (“We“). We are private limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 08649725 and our registered office and main trading office is at Milner Mount Farm, Menwith Hill, Darley, Harrogate, HG3 2RN. Our VAT number is GB 169 1652 84.
To contact us, please email email@example.com or telephone our customer service line on 01423 313323.
If you do not agree to these terms, or any other terms on our site, you must not use our site and must not make any use of our content on our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated in December 2022.
There are other terms that may apply to you
- If you purchase goods or services from our site, our Terms and conditions of supply https://www.training-progress.com/terms-and-conditions/ will apply to the sales.
- Any other terms and conditions that we tell you will apply to our products and services as may be updated from time to time.
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time
We may suspend or withdraw our site
Access to our site may be made available free of charge at our discretion from time to time.
Except as we may expressly agree with you in writing from time to time in relation to a specific product or services that we provide, we do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal, or such other period of notice we have agreed with you specifically for that particular thing.
We may transfer this agreement to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
You must keep your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it including but not limited to all text, graphics, photographs, trademarks, logos, branding, the look and feel of our site and documentation generally and all other content we make available whatsoever. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may only print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any content we display publicly on the pages of our site where expressly indicated, and in any event only for your personal use. You may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site, but you must not allow them to consume that content without a valid subscription. You must not obscure any of our branding or marks and you must identify us as the source of the content and not claim it as your own.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
No text or data mining, or web scraping
You shall not conduct, facilitate, authorise or permit any text or data mining or web scraping in relation to our site or any services provided via, or in relation to, our site. This includes using (or permitting, authorising or attempting the use of):
- Any “robot”, “bot”, “spider”, “scraper” or other automated device, program, tool, algorithm, code, process or methodology to access, obtain, copy, monitor or republish any portion of the site or any data, content, information or services accessed via the same.
- Any automated analytical technique aimed at analysing text and data in digital form to generate information which includes but is not limited to patterns, trends and correlations.
The provisions in this clause should be treated as an express reservation of our rights in this regard, including for the purposes of Article 4(3) of Digital Copyright Directive ((EU) 2019/790).
This clause shall not apply insofar as (but only to the extent that) we are unable to exclude or limit text or data mining or web scraping activity by contract under the laws which are applicable to us.
Do not rely on information on this site
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
Our third-party service provider partners usually update their content once per year, and so there may be some content which appears to be outdated for periods of time on our website. We will not accept any liability for third party content provided to you as part of the services where and to the extent such loss is caused or contributed to by your reliance on such outdated advice.
You acknowledge and agree that any services or content provided to you may not be updated, and that the cost of such up to date content would likely exceed the charges we apply to the services, if such content were to be kept updated the charges would have been much higher. Our services are intended to provide cost effective general guidance for smaller businesses who would not otherwise be able to afford such guidance, and who do not have the budget for bespoke or tailored advice or guidance, and such services and content are not a substitute for bespoke and current professional advice under any circumstance whatsoever.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
User-generated content is not approved by us
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including to bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
How to complain about content uploaded by other users
If you wish to complain about content uploaded by other users, please contact us on https://www.sinc-creative.com/trainingprogress/contact-us/
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any specific products or services to you, which will be set out in our Terms and conditions of supply available at https://www.training-progress.com/terms-and-conditions/ or the relevant terms of a Third Party Service provider.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. How we may use your personal information
Uploading content to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with us or other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy as we may publish from time to time.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us, and where relevant other users of our site, a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in Rights you are giving us to use material you upload below.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use or as we notify you from time to time.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
We do not store terrorist content.
Rights you are giving us to use material you upload
When you upload or post content publicly to our site, you grant us the following rights to use that content:
- a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that user-generated content in connection with the service provided by the website and across different media including to promote the site or the service for any length of time;
- a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence for other users, partners or advertisers to use the content for their purposes for any length of time.
Where you submit content to private areas of our site where only people you give permission to can access that content, you grant us a limited license to reproduce and display that content within the services we provide to you on the basis that it may be viewed by those persons you provide access to until you remove that content. For the avoidance of any doubt, we will not make content public that you have kept private, and unless you make such content public then we will treat this as your confidential information.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact us first to ask for permission.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?